Monday, February 8, 2010

Spokane International Film Festival By Veronica Evans

The Spokane International Film Festival was held this weekend in Spokane, WA at the AMC and Magic Lantern. There were 4 showings and the award announcement after party at the Catacombs. Minimal flash was asked for but I was to 1600 ISO and 20 shutter speed. Right. So, I loaded up my 580 EX II with fresh batteries and a white, round, glass diffuser adapter. That is the best conversation piece I have ever had! People were coming up to rub it, ask what it was, comment that it looked like an old fashioned lamp post....
All I can say is that the softening of the shadows was very apparent and even though it is bulky, will be hauled around with me often.
After last weekends fiasco with my corrupt back up files on my CF card and computer folders, I wasn't going to take any chances with those cards so I used a new Lexar Professional with a faster write speed. When I backed them up I made sure that edits and batch processes were done before I went to sleep. 5 AM and edits later, here is the slideshow that I threw together.


No comments:

Post a Comment