Sunday, May 16, 2010

~ Tiny Dancer ~

This is the finished product from my Tiny Dancers Limited Edition Series that I will be offering through my studio. I had a trial run with three adorable little ballet dancers. I had interviews with parents and the children as I could not photograph every child from the class.

It was tremendous work and I was thankful that I already had client intake forms and folders ready to keep appointments and phone calls sorted. There were costume fittings, phone calls galore, emails, prop shopping, and I made three separate princess garlands with flowers and about 60 yards of ribbon on them total!

The mothers were concerned that the girls would be too nervous to "perform" but I assured them that it was the experience that I wanted them to have. The photographs were second.
Oh, we had a grand time! The girls and the mother's were able to relax right away as soon as they saw the tons of flowers and goodies lying around. I joked with them about goofy stories then I got serious about the fairies that live among the flowers. They listened intently for the tiny bells that signal they are flying around and they swore they saw them peeking around the corners of things!



I got calls afterward from the parents telling me that the girls did not want to leave and can't wait to come back. They enjoyed their session so much I even got hugs! Oh the feeling is priceless! I get to give that back with forever memories like this for the family and the child to enjoy for years and years to come!

The tri-photo I designed with patterns, overlays, brushes, text, and stroke styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment